Monday, August 25, 2008

{ jackman, maine }

My dad has a creepy shack quaint little camp up in Jackman, Maine. It's seriously in the middle of nowhere. First you drive 4 hours north until you are completely void of any human civilization, then turn right onto a dirt logging road. Then you drive 15 MILES  on these logging roads taking lefts and rights and every which way until you run into this little camp in the middle of the woods. Jordan and Tanner were so excited to go fishing with Grampa until we pulled up next to this camp. Jordan started sobbing. When I explained to him that it was too far to go back home he begged me to sleep in the truck with him. He cried to whole night. Luckily on the way back from the the 2 hour trip to the general store he fell asleep and I was able to sneak him to the camp. I couldn't sleep at at all. I was so worried my dad would die in his sleep and I wouldn't know how to get out of that place. And the fact that a mouse was stuck in a drawer above my head trying to escape was a little unsettling as well. Oh and the bear claw marks on the side of the camp didn't help. All I can say is......thank goodness for xanax.
The next day was actually really fun. My dad and I took the boys fishing with their new poles. They each learned how to cast and they were casting and pulling in fish left and right. They loved it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAH!! I laughed SOO hard at the creepy shack comment! Too Funny!

My favorite picture I have seen in a long time is the one of the three of them fishing. Absolutely priceless. You should blow it up for his office.

jbow said...

What fun memories for your boys and for you well .... I'm sure you'll get over the nightmares soon! seriously, how great to get to that with your dad!! Jai-Dee

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud reading this one. Bobby has asked me time and time again to go to Jackman camp. I do not have any Xanax so I will prob never go. I would cry more than Jordan. After reading this I am very sure I have made the right decisions to not go. Ha Ha

Nice pictures though Karinne's idea is a good one.

Peggy

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online