Thursday, March 19, 2009

{ mon petit salon }


No, that's not the name of my salon. It just means 'my little salon' in French. But it would make a cute name, eh? So what started as a little project turned into a huge overhaul. I found this gorgeous damask fabric at Joanne's that I had to use somewhere:
So I made a little curtain to hang under to my station to hide my trash can and wax warmer. With the left over fabric I covered my bench cushion. Then the curtains weren't working with the damask pattern. So I went back to Joanne's and got more fabric and did the windows. Above my mirror I had a pink swag on a rod, and it turned into a complete eyesore after all these changes! So I made a valance out of wood from my dad's shed and covered it with the damask and added christmas lights to the inside. Okay, so now it looks like the damask fairy threw up all over my salon!  It's a little much.  I need help.  Actually, I needed an intervention! So how can I incorporate something else in here?
Oh!  I almost forgot...Pedicure chair is up and running.  A parafin foot dip is included with a pedicure.  Call me to make an appointment, or got to the YW/YM Auction tomorrow night to bid on one! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah

I think it looks beautiful Nice job you are so talanted.

Peggy

Anonymous said...

That's talented. I can't spell. Hee Hee

Peggy

Anonymous said...

BTW I showed Tina your blog on St Pattys day because I just got such a kick out of it. She did too.

Peggy

Brad and Rebecca said...

oooh! I LOVE IT!!!

Kathy said...

I love it! I don't think it looks like too much.

About Vanessa said...

Cute, I like it! You're so good about updating your blog, I love seeing your new posts! The St. Patty's Day story is too cute! Yes lets get together, can't wait to see you!

Crafty Teacher Lady said...

Hi Sarah! I hope you don't mind that I read your blog from time to time (I found it through Karinne's page) but I had to tell you that I just decorated my spare room with that very same fabric from JoAnne's! Don't you just love it? I have pictures of what I did on my blog too. Take care. Kelly-Anne (I went to high school with Karinne)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online