Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Marcus!


Today is my sweetie's 32nd Birthday!  Here are 32 about Mar-Mar!
1. He was born in Vientiene, Laos.
2. He escaped Laos across the Mekong River with his mother and 3 brothers into Thailand when he was 2.
3.  They lived in a refugee camp in Laos until they were sponsered into the US when he was 4.
4.  His real name is "Akhom", Laotian people call him "Tho", and American people call him "Marcus".
5. He is the middle child of 5 boys.
6. He is the one with the unusually large head in the family picture.
7. He grew up in West Valley City, Utah.
8. When he was little he told his mother he wanted to be a garbage man when he was older because they only work one day a week.
9. His first job was at Subway when he was 15.
10. He loves basketball.
11. We met in Murray Utah at the Olive Garden, were I was a server.
12. He shook my hand after our first date, and second date, and third date, and I think even fourth.
13. I'm pretty sure he fell in love with Caleb before he fell in love with me.
14. He doesn't eat sweets.
15.  He won't eat a meal unless there is meat in it, preferably beef.
16. He once tripped in the Maine Mall holding and ice cream cone in one hand and Tanner on the other and land
ed flat on his face.  Tanner wasn't hurt.
17. He grinds his teeth at night. Errghhh.
18. He cried when the boys were born.  Okay, not cried.  Sobbed.
19. He loves animals.  He's been feeding a nasty stray cat for almost a year.
20. He's in school to become a pharmacist.
21. He's addicted to Apple products.
22. He collects basketball shoes.  He has like 50 pairs.
23. He had a perm in high school.
24.  Did you get that?  He had a PERM in high school.
25.  He won't use a wallet.  Only a money clip.
26.  He really wants a daughter.
27.  He does the laundry.
28.  He's sexy.
29.  He can't grow a moustache.  
30.  He shaves once a month.
31.  He's a great father...
32. and an even better husband.
Happy Birthday, Sweetie!  I Love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually knew most of these. My favorite was the perm, and the Tanner incident. That story never gets old. I love the picture of him as a boy. It stills looks just like him, just not so... shocked. I'm surprised you didn't write that he hates the "park". Or was it the "zoo"? All I know is it ends badly...

Happy Birthday, Mar-Mar! Thanks for taking care of my favorite family! We love you!

Brad and Rebecca said...

That was sweet Sarah... i loved reading all these and again you make me laugh!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online