Monday, March 9, 2009

{ cake pops }


I love my calling at church. I'm the Enrichment Leader, which is a basically a quarterly party planner (with classes)! This month we are celebrating Relief Society's 166th Birthday. I handed out cake pops yesterday to remind people to come on Wednesday. If you haven't heard about the cake pop craze, it all started here! Not only are they the cutest things...they are so yummy! We are going to make them at Enrichment. They are super easy! You basically make a cake (any flavor). Let it cool. Crumble up cake in a big bowl. Add a container of cream cheese frosting. Mix it up. Roll in balls and add lollipop sticks. Place on wax paper and freeze for 15 min.Melt some candy melts in the microwave, and dip! You'll need a piece of foam to stick them in to set.
Ta-Da!

4 comments:

Connie said...

So YOU are the mastermind behind these delicious pops! They were yummy!! Wish I was going to be able to come to make them Wed night. I will definitely have to try them sometime!! Loved your cute tag too!! Great job Sarah!!

Kathy said...

Oooh, cake balls! I love those! You can use any combination of cake and frosting and whatever else you want to add, like coconut or nuts. And stuff like this makes me miss Windham. You are so creative!

Daynon said...

I'm going to have to try these for my primary class. I bet they will love them and won't mind my mistakes. What a great idea! Sure miss you guys and great ideas like this!

Anonymous said...

yummmm!!! lol

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online